Friday, October 8, 2010

Scotland Bound Hounds

It's no secret that we love road trips.  So, when we saw that George had registered for Bouncing Bertie's Scottish Highlands Adventure, well, our hearts started racing and our tails started thumping and we took a vote and decided to go for it!  We just couldn't resist the allure of those Highland mountains.  We've never traveled outside the States and we figured this was our big opportunity!  Plus, we would love to meet George in the fur.  So, herewith is our official application to join Bouncing Bertie's Scottish Adventure to study rocks!  We're all for expanding our minds . . .

First of all, since this is a geology expedition, here are some examples to show our resume does include some rocky experiences:


Rockin' it in Santa Rosa, Nm

Hikin' the rocks above Taos, NM

Climbing boulders above Taos, NM

Panning for gold in Taos, NM

Um, you might not want us to drive the bus ;)




Did we mention that we dug up these gen-u-wine garnets in Montana?



We can totally handle the weather

And some of us have the clothing for it

Others of us wear our weatherproofing all the time ;)


We have much more, but we've just realized that it's already Friday evening across the Pond so we need to get our application in NOW!  Oh, yeah, did we mention that our Dad is half Scottish? That's gotta count for something.  So, whatta ya say, Bertie?  Can we go on your Scottish Adventure???

The Road Dogs (getting our kilts on)

22 comments:

WFT Nobby said...

Well that is a most convincing application, well done guys! I guess you're in!
See you Monday.
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Sharon said...

You are very versatile dogs, that's for sure! (If my vote counts for anything)

24 Paws of Love said...

If it were up to me, I'd say "yes". Looks like you guys can handle all the rugged terrain and weather. Get the kilts ready!!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Oh BOY is my mom ever S eye Ted about you going on a Scottish Adventure... esp. since Geology is involved. She says to tell you that she is of the Douglas Sept and that she took a Year of Geology in College. It has always been her dream to go to Scotland and walk through a field of blooming heather.
Cat Crap... now she will be dreaming of Lorna Doons and talking silly stuffs all the rest of the day.. and NOT doing what I want her to do.

3 doxies said...

Da wheels on da bus go round and round...da wheels on da bus go round and round...all through da revine...lalalalalala!
Now I thinks dat ya'll will definately be up fur da task at hand...er, paw rather.
I also and excited to sees ya'll in kilt...bwhahahahahahahahaha!

Puddles

Brian's Home Blog said...

Wow, what and adventure, that wore me out, especially running in the snow!

George The Lad said...

Hey looks like your in, great post I new you would be up for it and we get to go on a trip together, I know I just won't be able to sleep!!
See Yea in a couple of days.
George xxx

Two French Bulldogs said...

We are purrtty sure we are going to see you guys on National Geographic Channel next, BOL
Benny & Lily

Backcountry Brodie said...

And, and, and... You has eggsperience with bears and mooses - you so could handle the Loch Ness monster!

Two Pitties in the City said...

You are the perfect examples of traveling pooches! I love all the photos.

The Daily Pip said...

I would say you are in!!!! By the way, please be careful climbing those boulders. I have fallen off a couple of rocks in my day (much smaller rocks, but still).

Your pal, Pip

Lola and also Franklin, too said...

Oh, I think you'll be pawfect for this expedition! If any group is ready for whatever Bertie has in store it's you all.

lotsa licks, Lola

Scooter said...

Hey I am Jazzi and I am going too. Looks like you all can handle it very well. Love the sweater too!! C-ya on the trip and I will have the Tacos!!

wags
jazzi

Stella said...

I am looking forward to this outing, from the comfort of my home!

Enjoy yourselves!

Kisses,
Stella

Sapphire said...

s-n-o-w!! :)

Oskar said...

You guys were made for this. I can't wait to read about your adventures!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Doxie Rod said...

you guys are some crazy adventurous dogs! i agree, you can totally handle the weather and are looking great in your coats. can't wait to see more pictures from this one!

Dexter said...

Good luck on the big expedition.

Slobbers,
Mango

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Oh how fun!!!

Yous going meet George!!! 'dats super cools!!

Oh me ears!! was Puddles really singing 'da wheels on 'da bus go round and round song!! SNORTS!!

Have fun!!
Tell George 'da Elgins say hello's!!

Hugs!!
IzZY, 'da Josie and Anakin Man

3 doxies said...

Does ya'll realize da Elgin Pugs really think ya'll is going to meet George?
I always knew they was clueless.

Puddles

Those Elgin Pugs said...

don't listen to Puddles... hers be still singing 'da wheels on 'da bus goes round and round...
round and round...

hee hees..
'da Josie

Anonymous said...

I saw that Bertie said you could come! Yippee! I hope you all have the most marvelous time ever. Be sure and eat some haggis. I heard it's DEE-vine!

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie