Wednesday, November 9, 2011

DUCK TAPE FROM DOWN UNDER AND ACROSS THE POND

DUCK TAPE FESTIVAL   
[Don't forget to check out our extra special adoptables today after the DUCK TAPE entries.]

We have been amazed by the DUCK TAPE creations you have submitted.  And today's self-portraits are no exception!  We hope those DUCK TAPE people are taking notice! 

Today's ARTSY FARTSY DUCK TAPE creations comes from far away lands! 

First up, from the Land Down Under compliments of Daisy, Bella and Kendra (DOWN UNDER DAISY) share their adorable self-portrait scuplture with us. 

Daisy and Bella with "Mini Me"
They tell us the secret ingredients are a toilet paper roll with popcicle sticks for legs. Genius! 

And now, from all the way Across the Pond, here is George the Lad's awesome DUCK TAPE GEORGE! 

We think this should maybe be the NEW Flat George. 
What do you think?


Are those COOL or WHAT?!  Don't they inspire you to break out the duck tape and scissors and make a DUCK TAPE SCULPTURE of yourself???  We can't even imagine how they made these without getting DUCK TAPE all stuck to their furs!  Wonder if they take commissions?

Thanks Daisy, Bella and Kendra  and George for sharing your super creative self-portrait sculptures with us!

Hold on, hold on, hang with us for another minute while we share our ADOPTABLE DOGS OF THE DAY for Mayzie's RESCUE ME HOME EVENT ~ then head over to Frankie's for more DUCK TAPE festivities!

You may recognize these adorable pups from their foster mom's blog - Peaceful Dog

Fozzie the Frog - what a ham, um, frog!

Beautiful Sandy doin' the Frog

That's right, we're featuring Fozzie and Sandy today as our adorable adoptables.  They're both living the good life right now with their foster mom, but she's just preparing them to go to their furever homes.  We met Fozzie and Sandy when their foster mom submitted their aDORable frog pose pics for our upcoming, soon-to-be-released calendar of Pitties in frog pose.  So, they're going to be famous, too!  

haha - Sandy doing a "HALF-FROG POSE"

What a happy face! 
Fozzie hanging with Lamar, his foster mom's dog, who obviously already has a furever home :) 

Fozzie and Sandy are being well-trained and getting lots of socializing by their awesome foster mom (and Lamar :) so they will make wonderful companions for a couple of lucky families.  Could that be you???  If you, or someone you know, lives in the DC area (or VA, MD) and would be interested in learning more about Fozzie or Sandy, go to Peaceful Dog Blog to learn LOTS more about them and see more adorable pics of them.  And just maybe give them a furever home!

The Road Dogs

25 comments:

The Daily Pip said...

Oh brother, I am so mad I missed out on duck tape week! Grrrr, moving is for the birds!!!

I sure hope Fozzie and Sandy find forever homes soon. I will have to try that frog pose ...ouch, maybe better not try it.

Your pal, Pip

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WOW!!!

I can NOT believe my EYES !!!

A Mini Scottie and it looks JUST like our Down Under Girrrrl... I can NOT BELIEVE that they could do that!!
AMAZING
AND speaking of Amazing... A NEW
Flat George???? What a Wonderful job .

BOTH are just STUNNING!!!

Backcountry Brodie said...

I is sniffing the monitor with my snooter coz fur real, I can not tell wot be the in the fur real life dogs and wot be the DUCK TAPE stunt dubulls. Amazing I tell you! And I is with Pip, owie on the frog pose.

Scooter said...

Hey Road Dogs!
Wow, those are two pawesome Festival entries! I can't believe how much that first one looks like our Scottie furiends and George is totally like a twin to that creation. Wow! Bark about talent!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Berts Blog said...

He he, This is such a cool Festival. Every thing is so cool. I wish we had the imagination all the others have.

very cool

Bert

Scooter said...

Wow are they talented down under and across the pond. Those are great and love the scottie lol
This is fun and gee,,,,I should have made a Taco, why was I not thinking????

wags
Jazzi

Stewey said...

OMD - these duck tape creations from across the pond are PAWESOME!!
Stewey

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Fangtastic ducky tape art. Great Job!

Berts Blog said...

Hey everyone, just read your request on my blog so here is your answer.

We usually put out four or five bowls on a big turntable. They are covered with their lids but the lids have little air holes in them for scent to be released easier.

Then comes the good part. (Don't read on if you are squeemish)

Then in one bowl we place a tiny itty bit of human flesh. Sometimes we will put little bits of other things like beef or disgusting road kill bits in the other bowls.

Then My Vickie gives me a command and ask me to show her which one is human scent.

Sometimes we use a drop of blood or other times we have skin and muscle that is donated for the training by people who just had surgery, like a knee replacement, or other surgeries where they cut off skin and tissue and bone.

SO have we grossed you out yet?

Sorry. But you did ask,

We call it part of the cadaver training. And we do it when we are too lazy to go out and burry stuff or when it is cold and MyVickie doesn't want to go outside.

We have stuff burried in places all over the area. Some have been burried in the last few weeks and a few have been out there for about 3 to five years.

That way I have to use all my skills to detect them after decomposition times.

So there ya go. are we still friends or do you think I am sick

Bert

Bailey Be Good! said...

Wowserz, Bert -- it's a good thing I just had my breakfast, or I might not have been hungry! Ah hahaha!

But hey, Road Dogs -- what pawsome tape art! If my mommy had more time to spare, she may have taken part in your event! ;)

Keeping my paws crossed for the doggies looking for their furever homes. :)

Woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Two Pitties in the City said...

Everyone is so creative! And what great-looking pooches!

Pup Fan said...

That's an impressive use of duck tape!

Berts Blog said...

Cool, since My Vickie has been around since the first winds crossed the desert, she was wonderng what group your dad did the SAR with.

IT would be cool if they had ever crossed paths.

Bert

My Vickie was with Rocky Mountain Rescue Dogs and American Search Dogs. Have you heard of either one?

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

omd - that mini scottie is so very well done!!! Congrats to kendra, bella, and daisy - simply pawesome!

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Thanks for showing our 'creation' and isn't that the spittin' image of George?

We have LOTS of relatives in the DC area BUT they are all CAT people....unbelievable! Hope those guys find a forever home soon.

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

Finn said...

Those are some awesome creations! I love the new FG too!

Anonymous said...

Okay...um...WOW! Those duck tape self-pawtraits are just AH-mazing! Wow. There sure are some creative doggies in Blogville!

And I just LUVS Fozzie and Sandy! Luvs, luvs, luvs 'em! I hope every single day that they find their furever and ever homes! I mean, how could they not? Who wouldn't want doggies that can "do da frog" like that?

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Two French Bulldogs said...

a duck tape Scottie...awesome!
Benny & Lily

Maggie Mae and Max said...

I am amazed at all of da talents in Blogville, what great duck tape mini-mees!
Fozzie and Sandy ROCK! I sure hopes dey find furever homes soon. :)

Woofs and Licks,
Maggie Mae

Wyatt said...

George and the Down Under Girls are so clever! But they are terriers, so it figures!

Wyatt and Stanzie

Pepsi the Lazy Bum said...

My hoomans say they don't trust me with duck tape (no idea why that is so), so I couldn't pawticipate in this fun contest.

Fozzie and Sandy are adorable!! I hope they find a good furever home soon.

Pepsi

Suka said...

hey Road Dogs,

Nice to meet you! Love your blog! The duck tape festival is such a pawesome idea! The Daisy and Bella "Mini Me" looks just like them! And the new Flat George is great! Such creative pups!

Could Fozzie and Sandy be any more adorable?! What beauties! My paws are crossed that they find their loving forever home soon. Love them and their photos!

Anonymous said...

What a creative creation Daisy and Bella made with a toilet roll, popsicle sticks and duct tape! It does look just like them! Bravo! :)
And I do believe the original Flat George has some stiff competition now! ;) Way cool :D

Paws crossed for my froggie cousins Fozzie and Sandy to find thier furever homes soon! So nice that have such a great foster home until they do! :D

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Oskar said...

Those duct tape miniatures are pawsome. I should have known that my girlfriend Bella and her sisters would have a great idea! And George look amazing.

We love the frog leg doggies, the are way too cute!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Kirsten (peacefuldog) said...

You are so wonderful to feature our little foster buddies! And you must have worked some magic because I've gotten a couple of really awesome applications for BOTH beasts in the past few days!

The duck tape artists just blow me away with their creativity. You guys rock!